Scars are difficult to deal with, especially if they are visible on the face. Depending on their width, length and the place on the skin, scars can become a serious issue, triggering low esteem and causing one to retire and become an introvert. Although there are plenty of foundations and cosmetic products claiming to cover all marks, from acne scars to post-operation scars, birth marks, and even complex tattoos, one cannot dive into foundation for years, forgetting about the true problem source.
However, before rushing to spend thousands of dollars on exhaustive scar removal chemical and dermatological procedures or purchasing expensive creams, take another look in your fridge, and you will find plenty of foods that can act as natural scar removals, delivering the same breathtaking results.
- Egg whites: They consist in very powerful recovery qualities, determining your scars to diminish and fade away in just a matter of days. Egg whites are usually rich in amino acids, proteins and vitamins, which will tighten your pores and boost your entire epidermis so that it will accelerate the healing process. Egg whites are extremely effective on acne marks; whip 3 egg whites into a bowl until they become a fluffy, white paste. Gently apply the paste on your face and leave it for around 15 minutes before whipping it off with warm water. After repeating the process 2-3 times a week you will notice your skin will glow and your marks will start to fade away.
- Lemon juice: It works as a natural pore tighten, being extremely benefic for people with combination to oily complexions. Gently rub your face with a few drops of natural lemon juice and let its curative effects amaze you. Lemon juice will tighten the pores, diminish your pigmentation marks, while working as a natural tonic and help you get rid of the extra sebum. In addition, it will fight acne, blemishes and acne scars.
- Vitamin C: Although vitamin C can be found in a variety of fruits and vegetables, simply changing your dietary habits will not make your scars go away faster at first. Thus, it is best to use vitamin C under the form of special creams which are to be applied on the affected area two times a day. Vitamin C will diminish your scars, determining the skin to regenerate faster.
- Tea tree oil: Extremely efficient to treat blemishes, redness and acne marks, tea tree oil acts as a universal scar healer. Rub a few drops of essential tea tree oil on the scars and you will get rid of them in a few days. However, tea tree oil is extremely concentrated, thus you will not need more than 2-3 drops. Mix it with water for a milder effect.
- Honey: It is a natural antiseptic, with curative properties. It alleviates pain and sooths the skin, leaving it moisturized and free of marks.